RA MEN OH

I'm very fond of Japanese food but the usual problem is that you really have to get out of your way to find really good Japanese restaurants. Initially, I was very thankful that this restaurant that claims to serve Japanese food was within walking distance.

(Honestly when I hear the word Ramen, this is what comes to mind.)

But it was a huge disappointment.


Aside from their so-called "Ramen" they offer other famous and affordable Japanese "food."



It's been a long time since I had tempura so I told myself why not take a chance and order their Ebi Tempura Buddy.

 I had no idea that it was going to make me HATE tempura.

I'm just gonna say it now before I go on.
Ra Men Oh,



The tempura/whatever that is, had no redeeming qualities whatsoever. This picture does not do justice as to how awfully bland it tasted. The sauce couldn't even save it from its lack of basic flavor. Oh, did I mention that IT DOESN'T COME WITH RICE. It's P130 for the love of god. For you guys to serve it without rice isn't affordable at all.


For those who aren't familiar with what a Katsudon is, it basically means "pork cutlet rice bowl."
(katsu-pork cutlet don-rice bowl)

Definitions aside, Ramen Oh's iteration, in my opinion, could be summed up in one word as satisfactory. Satisfactory because, it was in many ways, like any other typical Katsudon out there. For one, it could have benefitted from maybe getting some sort of special sauce, something that tasted different from the usual egg with some soy sauce combination and on the other, some sort of new kind of breading for the pork's skin yet still staying true to the original.  For all it's caveats however, there was still something good that I have found about it; that's there rice. For all it's worth, their rice hit all points just right, especially when it came to it's stickiness. It was so sticky that I was able to clean the whole dish in my bowl clean right off. Having said all that, I think it would do you better if you just passed on this dish.


The Master’s Mix was one of their bestsellers. It was okay. The mix was interesting but to me there was something missing. Perhaps a pinch of adventure? Ramen Oh seems to be one of the few areas along Katipunan to get ramen. But the ramen was like any other. It was a safe dish. There was nothing that made their ramen distinctly “RAMEN OOOOHHH!!”. It was more like “Ramen? Oh...”

Perhaps their other options would satisfy me more. 

I cannot imagine the things you would do to/with that cup....
 If I could find it in me to share something praise worthy, I guess I could say that the orange chairs are kinda nice..

customers/ mga uto-uto
So in short... Eat someplace else!
Because RA MEN OH IS

RA MEN-

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Foodie Hipster Copyright © | Powered by Blogger