Chubby Chicken

Have you ever experienced those times when the food was just too good, you swore under pain of death that you could eat it for a week without complaining? This exactly happened when I decided to try Chubby Chicken out.



Don't be fooled by the seemingly mundane outside appearance. The inside is much more spacious and decorated than the facade puts out.


Their menu is pretty straightforward; not a lot to choose from but everything's worth ordering. If you guys are probably wondering why all of their dishes start with "chubby," I guess it's probably because the servings are pretty generous, and by generous I mean BIG.



 So I present to you the dish that I would be eating for the rest of the week.The Chubby Chicken.

*iced tea not included


The lady asked me if I would want the regular or the spicy. I chose to go with the spicy and I recommend you to choose that option as well. It comes with this sweet, spicy and salty sauce - almost reminiscent of Bon Chon's but for me, much tastier. I kinda wondered why they would add this white dip because the chicken with the initial sauce (I suppose) is already a statement on its own.

It's coated with this breading that absorbs the sauce making the already delicious skin easier to devour.


If Krabby Patties were real, then they would probably taste like their Sloppy Joe.


The waiting time was a bit long since chili takes a while to cook but the taste will totally make you forget the wait. You would be able to feel the burn of the chili as it passes through the mouth and throat. The egg and cheese neutralized the potency of the sauce with exquisite harmony. 

I'm sure we all remember that episode.
Finally to top this fateful day. Chubby Oreos.


 I think whatever you coat deep fried oreos with as long as you serve it with ice cream, it would satisfy anyone. If I'm allowed to point out one small flaw though, it would be that they could make the oreo batter thicker. Other than that, the experience was great!

Also, I just wanna point something out that I think that people in Katipunan are either deprived of their freedom or flaunt it a lot. Every single food establishment I reviewed, all had those freedom walls. Chubby Chicken is no exception.



Ok so they have this section where they display the top 100 or 200 loyal customers which is kinda creepy if you think about it. Do customers just give out random 1x1 id pictures of themselves? And how does Chubby Chicken know if you're a frequent customer in the first place? It's rather a disturbing thought that they memorize the faces of all their customers BUT I have a hunch that they use it for something else. Because Chubby Chicken is so good, people would really put on weight because they would eat here a lot. I guess the people who appeared on this wall got....corpulent and Chubby Chicken just wanted to show the "afters" their "befores."

Lucky for you guys, I don't have the luxury of time to fat booth your pictures one by one.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Foodie Hipster Copyright © | Powered by Blogger