Qkebab

Seriously, the past restaurants I've reviewed were a complete waste of money and time - Qkebab's no exception. I'm extremely disappointed how a restaurant that looks so promising turned out to be a complete flop.



When I got there, the place was so empty which was something I couldn't really understand. The place was very accommodating, well lighted and well decorated but why weren't there any customers? Keep in mind that this was around 11:30 and the other restaurants nearby were near full. I have a couple of guesses why this is so.



First of all, the prices are insane.  Iced tea for P60? Are you kidding me? Qkebab is a fast food chain so to price their dishes that high is unjustified. They weren't even that tasty.


Second, there wasn't really much going on flavor wise. Ok so their rice bowls come with these two sauces (Garlic and Hot sauce) which the Chicken Basmati Bowl was begging for. It did not really however, make the eating experience better because the sauces themselves didn't  really add a new depth of flavor. It just made my rice wet. ABOVE ALL ELSE, IT MADE MY STOMACH HURT!



The Beef and Chicken Basmati wasn’t too good, but it wasn’t too bad either. There is something about this dish that makes it austere, and I just can't figure out. I had a difficulty eating it all up. Maybe it was because it smelled like someone who hasn’t taken a shower all week, which made the dish quite unappetizing. Or perhaps the food was really filling. The sauce fixed the dryness and made the dish tastier. The sauce didn’t quite help with the smell, but it made me like the taste and texture of the meat. Overall, the experience of eating this dish wasn’t that great. Although perhaps it’s just my lack of interest in this kind of food.


Give one word to describe Q-Kebab Basmati Rice Bow? "meh". It was neither good or bad. Beginning with the basmati rice for example, you could say the rice looked fine and tasted like any other rice out there, but I didn't get why they even had to use Basmati rice to start with. The should have sticked with normal rice or better yet, sticky rice; that would have help them both in terms of taste and probably price too.

Don't even let me get to the Kebab. Now, I'm not saying that there was anything wrong with it, but for the price that was that steep, I could've at least gotten a better tasting Kebab compared to what I've got. In fact, it was only their sauces, a spicy one and another that seemed like sour cream, which saved the dish for me. Why, I can't even stress how normal/mediocre the dish would have tasted like without that sauce.


 Anyways those things aside, if you're looking for something new and quite different, maybe this is for you, but then if your just looking for something tasty and affordable at the same time, than your better looking elsewhere. Because honestly, I really went in there with high hopes that the food was going to be really good. But no..



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Foodie Hipster Copyright © | Powered by Blogger