Suki Moko

Since my craving for Japanese food hasn't died down yet and Katsu Cafe made was pretty expensive, this time I looked for a Japanese restaurant that was more affordable. Fortunately I was able to find one that's near the overpass and saved me from the trouble but I gotta say, what really caught my attention was the restaurant's name. I don't know if it was because Suki Moko was a very creative one or the Tagalog reference was just downright silly. Nonetheless, I found myself eating there.


I'm sorry if I'm starting things out with another tempura review. To tell you the truth, I was a bit apprehensive in ordering a tempura dish since I was well aware that the place offers cheap food but to see them cooking the tempura right next to the cashier just got the best of me. For P95, you get your money's worth considering the fact that they serve real prawns with Japanese fried rice. It didn't really blow me away but it was enough to make me say that it was definitely worth my money. What they can polish on more is their presentation I must say.

that crumb on the right brings out the OCD in me....
 I kinda curious as to how tempura is/should be prepared. Got some advice from Curtis Stone.


Php 85 for a delicious meal of beef, rice and egg? A very good deal considering Suki Moko's in Katipunan. It's a simple meal, nothing fancy. The taste was a more than ordinary, and the meal was moderately filling and very affordable.

I know that you might think that this is a bad case of deja vu but in all honesty, their Katsudon is quite different than all the Katsudons you might have eaten in the past (well at least for me it was). Anyways, "what makes it different?", you might ask. Well, there's two things I can readily point out; that's taste and price. For the former, it doesn't really do so well. At the most, it tastes a bit better than some of the Katsudons out there: flavorful and hot when served, but a bit typical nonetheless. It is in the latter aspect that it shines. With a 85 peso price tag, you'll be hard-pressed in buying it regardless of its taste but thankfully, that was not the case. In its entirety, it could be considered as nothing short of satisfactory. So, if you're looking for a rather cheap but tasty Katsudon for an affordable price, then Sukimoko's Katsudon is for you!



 So should Suki Moko be avoided? Well I wouldn't say that to some extent. Go there for the exact same reason why I went there - A full stomach for an affordable price.






0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Foodie Hipster Copyright © | Powered by Blogger