Eat! Great Food

I think you would agree as well that Eat! Great Food is probably the least creative name for a restaurant. However despite the dull name, there are several reasons why you should or probably should not try it out.


First, the area was poorly lighted and to a certain extent, it was very disorganized. I couldn't find a nice place to sit since there was always a reason not to pick a certain spot for reasons such as it was very close to the restroom, you would end up blocking the refrigerator, the table was very small, etc.


What I didn't like/found really confusing as well was the fact that their menu wasn't pretty straightforward. If you look around, there will always be signs and tarps that offer dishes that weren't displayed on the main menu. Aside from this, you would feel as if you were eating along EDSA since the walls are bombarded with other signs that clearly have nothing to do with food whatsoever. To me, it made the place look really cheap and placed management in a very bad light which is kinda funny since the place is terribly lighted as well. #mgatakotumitim






I dunno if I'm the only one that notices this but whenever the place looks this messy, "tipid" and above else, trying to post as much side businesses as possible, more often than not, a Chinese owns the establishment.  I'm not generalizing them but more importantly I have nothing against them but Seriously, they could make the place more creative. IT'S A RESTAURANT FOR CRYING OUT LOUD NOT YELLOW PAGES. I think that they are still under the impression that abstract is still a big hit.

Ok now for the good stuff. Despite the really unorganized menu/had a harder time ordering than going there, what really caught my attention was the fact that the prices were really really affordable.



According to them, their best seller is the baked cream dory. Honestly, I never expected Eat to have anything of the sort moreover, I got surprised you can even get something that good with just 90 pesos. Thinking about it, I guess they tried to lower down the cost by not giving a relatively large serving of it, but weirdly enough, I still ended up  full at end. It might have been the cheese or it might have been the tender and flavorful baked cream dory but regardless, I have to give props to them since that was one heck of fish dish they served. Oh and did I mention it was all for 90 pesos? I'll let the picture say the rest. Anyways, if you happen to pass by Eat, I highly recommend, go and try their baked cream dory, you'll soon find out why they call it one of their best sellers.


Their Hainanese chicken wasn't really that authentic or possibly they just added their own twist. The good ones that I've eaten tasted mild and subtle but had the very distinct flavor of ginger. Theirs sad to say tasted too bland even with the two sauces that came with it. Sad to say, the chicken looked disgusting. They should consider removing it from the already cluttered menu because the soup way better than this disastrous take on Hainanese chicken.


Would you like some fries with that? NO! I beg you not to even consider ordering their "fries" because that would be the equivalent of throwing away your money. You can choose from the different flavors but I cannot recall all of them (not that they deserve to be even remembered). I ordered the BBQ fries but what I got in return was enough to make Gordon Ramsay say "PUTANGINA!" THE BBQ FLAVORINGS BARELY STUCK TO THE FRIES! It all dropped to the bottom so ordering the plain one wouldn't make any difference.


Their sisig was actually pretty good and enough to make me come back. There was this mixture of sweet and savory flavors that accompanied the soft but kind of crunchy pieces. It was a memorable dish and by memorable I mean in a good way unlike their "french fries."


So what can I say about Eat! Great Food....Hits and misses for the most part. When they hit, they hit real good but when they miss, they miss real bad. What really turned me off was the awful look and feel of the place. No good reason to really go there.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Foodie Hipster Copyright © | Powered by Blogger