Kamirori

After I destroyed Ra Men Oh, it's about time I move on to the next Japanese restaurant which is Kamirori. So what can we say about Kamirori....Well, in a nutshell, Kamirori is a lot like Ra Men Oh but more expensive so it's probably made with more quality ingredients.




First thing you have to keep in mind is that parking is very limited because Kamirori shares its location with Petron, Jollibee, Starbucks, etc. So if you think that it's worth trying, be there really early.



Pardon the blurry pictures above. So this is I guess, what Kamirori is known for - their rice bowls. A typical one would probably set you back around P200-250. The cheapest one and probably the weirdest one as well would be this rice bowl which is basically rice topped with two eggs...Why on earth would you go here to try that?


Don't let looks deceive you, Kamirori's Katsudon packs some punch. Looking back on how it tastes, I describe it as a step up compared to Ramen Oh's version of the same dish. What Ramen Oh's version lacked, Kamirori's Kastudon had, with the exception of looks of course. The dish packed more hits than misses but If I were to have it my way, the sticky rice from Ra Men Oh would make me die a happy man . Having said that, it's nothing a little tweaking can't fix. Now, if you guys are looking for a good and tasty Katsudon, just a bit pricier than Ramen Oh's, this is what you might be looking for. 


Do you know how Japanese food is really affordable? Well, I don't. 210 pesos for a gyudon may seem expensive, but it's actually a bit more affordable than other Japanese places over here. Plus, The mix was great! Other than a lower price, I can't differentiate it from other gyudons i've tried. There seems to be a mainstream taste to this dish and I hate that. I'm foodie hipster. I hate mainstream. People need to make something novel about their dishes - something others can't offer.



Though it doesn't look very pleasing, the ebi tempura tastes much better than it looks. Did I mention that 5 pieces would just cost you P130? It was definitely better than the tempura of Ra Men Oh not to mention that the one of Ra Men Oh's was just 3 pieces; what a scam. What made this dish a victory would probably the sauce which is actually more like soup since I couldn't stop drinking it even without the tempura. 

Anyway, Kamirori seems like the ideal place to go to since it's more affordable than other Jap places, and the meat dishes taste the same anyway. Until I find a more affordable or novel alternative, I'd consider going back there. T'was indeed money well spent.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Foodie Hipster Copyright © | Powered by Blogger