Brickfire

If I could describe the food in Brickfire, I would have to quote Fran Lebowitz, "My favorite animal is steak." The past few food stalls that I've reviewed proved to be disastrous but Brickfire proved that there are still places in Katipunan that capture the taste of the majority. 


The place is very spacious but I wasn't able to take more photos of the scenery because I was eating (the food was that good). I usually have this notion that non-students would actually drive to Katipunan moreover a place that is a bit secluded like Brickfire to eat but I was wrong. When I sat down, the customers weren't just students but a mix of different people from all walks of life really. 


The menu presented us with a lot of choices so I had a very hard time narrowing down my options. Personally, I would expect steak houses like this one to limit their food options since it would be a burden for them to ensure that they have sufficient meat stock; but hey, if they can do it why not right?






If fries and nachos came down from heaven, they definitely ended up in Brickfire's menu! At first it seemed too much. P150 for a plate of fries? Really now? But then when they were actually served, I was just stunned. They not only served a plate, but a basket - for customers to share a couple of their friends. The presentation was wonderful and the taste was even better!



The Salisbury steak was a lot like others I've tried, but the gravy made it unique. It was really good and FILLING. The meat is not like any meat from a cheap fastfood joint, but it was actual, lean meat. Well worth it's price.



And how could I forget their Kansas Ribs? The meat was so tender that the meat would break apart with an effortless tap of the spoon. It was served with this BBQ sauce that was so good that should start selling those in bottles.




 What happened that day was reminiscent of the day I decided to try out Chubby Chicken. My mouth is literally watering as I'm typing this right now which is like torture. It goes to show that there are still affordable restaurants without sacrificing the most important thing which is taste. I practically had the same reaction after the first bite and the last.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Foodie Hipster Copyright © | Powered by Blogger