Roku Ramen

So before anything else, I would like to warn you first that this review isn't one that's fresh from memory due to the class suspensions the past few days. I would be using images from the internet to try to make things interesting. Don't worry, proper accreditation would be given. 

5/F Oracle Bldg, Katipunan Ave  
Loyola Heights, Quezon City

The ambiance is enough to make you fall in love with this place. Since it's located on the 5th floor of Oracle, you would have a rare high view of Katipunan and Ateneo which is usually a rare one given the restrictions. The place is relatively small but cozy. It's like dining inside one of those high rise buildings in New York or Japan. 

Taken from the blog of Benjamin Padero.
Given that it's a Ramen house, I decided to order the Roku Pork Ramen for P219. The price could turn you off a little but lemme tell you that the serving is really big; enough to make you full without ordering anything else really. It's shoyu broth is one that's already good on its own but you have the Chasu pork, bok choy, nori and freshly made ramen noodles to make it score a home run. What I disliked however is that the broth wasn't that hot. I like my soup boiling hot because for me, that's what defines soup. It has to be served boiling hot and it should cool down as you take little slurps while striking a conversation with a friend. Well that's just me - probably you could just request the waiter to serve it hot.

Taken from the blog of Kristn
Next was the California Maki  P179 which you should definitely order. You could tell that it was made from the freshest ingredients; even the salmon roe is real. Just so you know, it wasn't served with the kani on top but even without it, it's definitely a must try!

Taken from the facebook page of Roku Ramen
Finally the Roku Roll P239 which had to be my favorite! The center was filled with kani and fresh salmon topped with tuna sashimi and finally drizzled with a spicy sauce. I usually don't like eating raw tuna right but the tuna on top was so fresh that there's even this lemony taste to it. Be sure to order this when you go to Roku!

Taken from the blog of Kristn

I highly recommend Roku because it stays true to its promise of serving authentic Japanese food. Who wouldn't wanna eat at a place with an amazing view, ambiance and above all else great food. The price might hurt your budget a little but I guarantee you it's worth every peso. Now I'm not saying you should eat there frequently. Go there to reward yourself like every friday or after finishing a hard exam. I assure you that you won't be dissapointed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Foodie Hipster Copyright © | Powered by Blogger